It's 1966, and we're looking down on St Enoch Square, Station, and Hotel, as well as the bottom stretch of Jamaica Street, Howard Street, and a bit of Argyle Street.
The station, built in 1875, was the first building in Glasgow to be lit by electric light.
In 1966, it was about to close, a victim of the Beaching Cuts. After that, the platforms were filled in, and used as car parking. It's final death knell came in 1977, when a deal to use the site as MoD offices fell through, and the hotel and station were demolished, the rubble used to infill the city's Queen's Docks.
The station's old clock - the only survivor from the building - can now be seen in Cumbernauld Shopping Centre.
The big hole in the ground, on the south side of Argyle Street, was about to become home to the city's new Arnott Simpson store.
Please note that framed prints are only available for pick up from The Herald offices: 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 3QB.
UK Delivery is available on our ready-to-frame mounted prints, which are designed to fit standard frame sizes.