The Paddle Steamer Glen Rosa was going like a rocket doon the watter - all churning paddles, and flecked foamy - as she tried to escape our following photographer in the 1930s.
The steamer, built by J&G Thomson, at Dalmuir, for the Glasgow and Southwestern Railway, was launched in 1893. She served with the Royal Navy in the First World War as HMS Glencross. She was absorbed into the London Midland and Scottish Railway fleet in 1923, and transferred to the Caledonian Steam Packet Company in 1938.
Sadly, this grand old lady of the Clyde was sent to the breakers' yard in 1939.
Please note that framed prints are only available for pick up from The Herald offices: 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 3QB.
UK Delivery is available on our ready-to-frame mounted prints, which are designed to fit standard frame sizes.