It's 1961 and, as usual, the traffic is backed-up along the Broomielaw.
The pub, right, with the Red Hackle Whisky sign above it, opened in 1846, and operated under a host of different names. Most folk will remember it for having half a wooden lifeboat hanging above its front door.
Once a favourite with visiting sailors, at this time, it was called 'The Double Six' (it sat at No 66 Broomielaw), but also operated as The Doune, Minstrels, Frank's Place, and Leon's Waterfront. For many years, it was one of the best live music bars in the city
The office block nearest us, on the corner of Oswald Street, was once the city HQ of Dewar's Scotch Whisky and Booth's Gin.
Please note that framed prints are only available for pick up from The Herald offices: 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 3QB.
UK Delivery is available on our ready-to-frame mounted prints, which are designed to fit standard frame sizes.