Cambuslang's Hallside Steelworks, seen here in the 1960s, played a pivotal role in Scotland's Industrial Revolution. Opened in 1872, it pioneered the technology to manufacture cheap, high-quality sheet steel, revolutionising shipbuilding on the Clyde.
The change from iron ships to steel ships, made Glasgow, and the Clyde, the centre of the maritime world.
The plant eventually closed in 1979, but the memories burn on.
Please note that framed prints are only available for pick up from The Herald offices: 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 3QB.
UK Delivery is available on our ready-to-frame mounted prints, which are designed to fit standard frame sizes.